In the last six months I have gotten a promotion, averaged 70 hour work weeks, bought a new condo... and completely fallen off my budget. My "budget" would have officially unfriended me on Fb if it weren't an inanimate Excel workbook. If my budget success stats were treated as MLB stats, I would have been dropped down to a triple A team back in April.
Blog posts to come about the hellish first time home-buying experience me and The Man have been through, and about my crazy work schedule... but first I'll start with putting my current [lack of] progress with my budget and savings goals and my goals for this month.
Bad Debt Owed as of August 2011: $9,928.31
Bad Debt Paid so far in 2011: $5,157.00
Bad Debt Remainder to reach 2011 Goal: $2,928.31
Savings: $800.00
The Bad Debt pay-off hasn't been a major fail, I just haven't made any EXTRA payments, which I could be. The savings part is really bad... I wanted to have $2,400 by July 2011 :( I did have some car repairs to make, some dentist/doctors visits, two graduations, two wedding showers, a bridesmaid dress/shoes to buy, and money to put towards our new condo... but my savings are REALLY below where I had aimed to be by now.
"You might have to crawl, even after you walk..." - John Michael Montgomery
- K
No comments:
Post a Comment